Multiday Packrafting Trainings Hunsrück (Hunsrück-Tour and Hunsrück-Compact)
"During these four days I have surpassed myself and in my mind I am still trying to arrange all these little adventure puzzle pieces. Again a huge ‘Thank You’ to the guides [...] – I felt safe at all times and the tour has benefited immensely from your charm and serenity that you radiate. [...] I recommend this trip to everyone, who has a pulse for the nature and action."
Victoria from Berlin
Our legendary Hunsrück trainings: Land river trekking, Multiday Packrafting training or expedition preparation. Find your adventure here with a backpack and a packraft in the seclusion of the Hunsrück region. Trips and trainings with everything that makes Packrafting unique.
Our Multiday Packrafting trainings in the Hunsrück region are intense adventures and are always a combination of training and land river tour. It is for those, who want to experience a pure land water trekking tour or just wanting to test themselves and their material on a self supported Multiday Packrafting tour.
In every training a real outdoor experience is waiting for you. Whether in the with intense workshops and one tour day. Or when in spring the torrents of the Hunsrück between the Moselle and the Nahe valley are accessible, on the of which we will be on tour for 3 days with boat and backpack, self supported in nature. We will move from water onto land, through rustic scenery and experience the fascination of an autonomous land water tour with packrafts.
During these trainings you are part of days full of outdoor life, challenge and cozy campfire evenings with workshops on combined land water trips and learning of outdoor skills:
- Packrafting on torrents through unpopulated landscapes and trekking on traditional paths in the Hunsrück, which houses the fledgling national parc Hunsrück Hochwald ()
- Workshops and training blocks for all major topics on independent Packrafting trips: Paddling technique, packing systems, equipment, food and water and much more (see )
- On the go in small groups per guide - always accompanied by experienced packraft guides from our team
- An intense outdoor experience with quaint accommodation near the river, campfire and four days of outdoor living. Training of outdoor skills
- Team experience: coping with obstacles
- A workshop day with a short packraft trekking trip on site, paddle training in running waters, equipment testing, pack system workshop, tips and tricks to the equipment, and pleasant campfire evening and outdoor dinner
- Transfers and the two on-tour overnight stays included (additional costs for one night at the camp site depending on your choice of stay (tent, caravan, hut))
Learn more about the
Field report in the blog "My first time multiday packrafting" of the 2-day training
Learn more about the
Field report in the blog "Hunsrück - welcome to "the south"" of the 4-day training
Our Hunsrück trainings and Covid19
We have provided information on our handling of potential pandemic-related cancellations and our policies and recommendations on our Covid19 overview page.
HR-Tour1-2022 (4-day training), 31 March - 3 April 2022:
HR-Tour2-2022 (4-day training), 14 - 17 April 2022:
HR-Tour3-2022 (4-day training), 21 - 24 April 2022:
HR-Tour4-2022 (4-day training), 28 April - 1 May 2022:
HR-Tour5-2022 (4-day training), 13 - 16 October 2022:
HR-Tour6-2022 (4-day training), 27 - 30 October 2022:
For groups of at least six people, we offer individual dates on request during March, April, October and November.
The Hunsrück trainings as part of our program
The training in the Hunsrück are an exciting adventure in itself, a preparation option for our Packrafting expeditions as well as a possible preliminary course to our Packrafting expedition course in Norway.
Do you want a smoother start?
Experience Packrafting on a day in the Nahe valley on our day courses Packrafting adventure days Nahe (In German).
Seek outdoor basic courses in preparation for the tour, equipment, camping and orientation?
Have a look at our LWA Basics courses: LWA Basics Courses Outdoor Basics (In German)
The FAQ to our Hunsrück-Tour
Read our Hunsrück FAQ here. For further questions please contact us personally.
Impressions of the trainings
Only a few steps more towards your adventure.
With this form you are submitting a reservation request which will only become a binding booking once we personally confirm availability and once we have recieved your wire transfer. Please find the details of the reservation procedure below before submission of this form.