Multiday Packrafting Training Hunsrück
"During these four days I have surpassed myself and in my mind I am still trying to arrange all these little adventure puzzle pieces. Again a huge ‘Thank You’ to the guides [...] – I felt safe at all times and the tour has benefited immensely from your charm and serenity that you radiate. [...] I recommend this trip to everyone, who has a pulse for the nature and action."
Victoria from Berlin
Our legendary Hunsrück trainings: Land river trekking, Multiday Packrafting training or expedition preparation. Find your adventure here with a backpack and a packraft in the seclusion of the Hunsrück region. Trips and trainings with everything that makes Packrafting unique.
Our Multiday Packrafting trainings in the Hunsrück region are intense adventures and are always a combination of training and land river tour. It is for those, who want to experience a pure land water trekking tour or just wanting to test themselves and their material on a self supported Multiday Packrafting tour.
In every training a real outdoor experience is waiting for you. Whether in the 2-day variant Hunsrück-Compact with intense workshops and one tour day. Or when in spring the torrents of the Hunsrück between the Moselle and the Nahe valley are accessible, on the 4-day Hunsrück-Tour of which we will be on tour for 3 days with boat and backpack, self supported in nature. We will move from water onto land, through rustic scenery and experience the fascination of an autonomous land water tour with packrafts.
During these trainings you are part of days full of outdoor life, challenge and cozy campfire evenings with workshops on combined land water trips and learning of outdoor skills:
- Packrafting on torrents through unpopulated landscapes and trekking on traditional paths in the Hunsrück, which houses the fledgling national parc Hunsrück Hochwald (only part of the 4-day variant)
- Workshops and training blocks for all major topics on independent Packrafting trips: Paddling technique, packing systems, equipment, food and water and much more (see )
- On the go in small groups per guide - always accompanied by experienced packraft guides from our team
- An intense outdoor experience with quaint accommodation near the river, campfire and four days of outdoor living. Training of outdoor skills
- Team experience: coping with obstacles
- A workshop day with a short packraft trekking trip on site, paddle training in running waters, equipment testing, pack system workshop, tips and tricks to the equipment, and pleasant campfire evening and outdoor dinner
- Transfers and the two on-tour overnight stays included (additional costs for one night at the camp site depending on your choice of stay (tent, caravan, hut))
The Hunsrück Tour in Land Water Blog
Johannes writes humorously about his impressions as a guide at "Hunsrück - Welcome to the South".
Sebastian writes in contrast a report about a very special, because unusually wintry Hunsrück tour in spring 2022 in "Hunsrück eiskalt".
HR-Tour1-2023 (4-day training), March 23 - 26, 2023:
HR-Tour-Anniversary-2023 (Special 4-day tour), March 30 - April 2, 2023 (anniversary tour, only on request):
HR-Tour3-2022 (4-day training), April 6 - 9, 2023:
HR-Tour3-2022 (4-day training), April 13 - 16, 2023:
For groups of at least 8 people, we offer individual dates on request during March, April, October and November.
The Hunsrück trainings as part of our program
The training in the Hunsrück are an exciting adventure in itself, a preparation option for our Packrafting expeditions as well as a possible preliminary course to our Packrafting expedition course in Norway.
Do you want a smoother start?
Experience Packrafting on a day in the Nahe valley on our day courses Packrafting adventure days Nahe (In German).
Seek outdoor basic courses in preparation for the tour, equipment, camping and orientation?
Have a look at our LWA Basics courses: LWA Basics Courses Outdoor Basics (In German)
The FAQ to our Hunsrück-Tour
Read our Hunsrück FAQ here. For further questions please contact us personally.
Impressions of the trainings
- Workshop day (Day 1) with introductory packrafting tour, packrafting compact course, packing system workshop, outdoor dining and equipment workshop
- Three-day self-sufficient packrafting trip (day 2-4) and outdoor living, each day alternating between packraft and trekking trails
- Two overnight stays in nature with campfire (plus the overnight stay at Camp Nahemühle to be paid by yourself, depending on the type of accommodation (tent/camper/etc.))
- All transfers between arrival and departure
- Snack on arrival and shared evening snack by the fire on the first day
- Professional organization, logistics and course guidance by experienced packraft guides
- Limited to small group size per guide for a personalized experience
- Course documents: Detailed packing list with information on equipment and personal course preparation as well as information on travel and course schedule
- During the tour and especially during the campfire evenings, we are happy to go into further outdoor topics such as fire, bivouac, nutrition and flora, equipment etc. at the request of the participants
During the course the guides will take high quality pictures on land and water which will be provided to all participants after the course in high resolution and free of charge.
Participation: 439€ per person
Rental fee for equipment: Packraft with accessories: 140€, Dry suit: 60€
The rental costs for packraft equipment are somewhat higher for multiday trainings, as this type of traning places above-average demands on the rental equipment and requires more time-consuming preparation and post-processing of the equipment.
You own, suitable packrafting equipment can be used, then the rental fee is waived accordingly.
Included in the rental fee
- A rugged, professional single person packraft with spray deck as well as an easy to stow double paddle
- Waterproof dry suits with dry socks and soft closures around the wrist and neck. You can wear your normal trekking outfit underneath - it will stay dry
- Waterproof pack sack and tension straps
- Life vest
Only a few steps more towards your adventure.
With this form you are submitting a reservation request which will only become a binding booking once we personally confirm availability and once we have recieved your wire transfer. Please find the details of the reservation procedure below before submission of this form.